Friday, June 26, 2009

Little Update, Little Crafty

WHOOO HOOOO! It's hotter than the 4th of July here. It has been so hot this week and last week for that matter. We have either been swimming everyday or just staying close to the a/c vents. I have realized that since my children are no longer babies, that I can actually get in the water and swim. I forgot how much I loved it. I jumped off the bridge 3 times on Tuesday. I had to give myself a pep talk every time, but I did it. And LOVED it! The water in our creek is deep, clear and cold. We are so blessed to have a place like this right down the road. I can't imagine being a city dweller on days like that. My poor hubby though has not been so fortunate. He has been out in it everyday, fixing other peoples' air conditioners.

Last weekend my cousin from Tulsa and her hubby and 2 girls spent two nights with us. We had such nice visit. We also got to see my grandma Betty and Aunt Chris. On Saturday we went to Eureka and walked around. It was too hot, but we still had fun. I found an adorable topiary for the kitchen at a store called Lilies. Here is a picture of Carla's kids and mine(without Adrian)in Eureka.

Here is a picture of Grandma Betty and her signature red lipstick. She looks great.


Here is a picture of my sister and I. We had a bbq the last day the cousins were here. We celebrated Gma's birthday, Navaeh's birthday, Georgia graduating Kindergarten and mourned my brother leaving for Chicago.


Adrian is back from DC and had a good time. She has about a million pictures. I am not sure she fully appreciated everything she got to see, but I hope that someday she will. She rode the metro the night before it crashed! Her favorite places were Virginia Beach (of course), the capitol building and the Holocaust museum. She was also blessed to get to see Glenda McMath while she was there.



Finally, my latest craft. Have you seen those cute little frames with antiqued looking silverware in them? I really wanted one, but of course I wanted to make it...so much more fun. So I bought a dollar set of silverware and a frame from Dollar General (it already looked antiqued). I took the glass out of the frame and covered the cardboard with black scrapbook paper. I lightly spray painted the silverware with Krylon in Woodland Brown. After they dried, I glued them down. Then I hung it up! Easy! As usual my husband thought my creation was a little strange, but I just love it!


My other recent creation is this lamp. I was inspired by Rhoda at Southern Hospitality. I found this cute little lamp at Hobby Lobby (on sale of course). It was already adorable but I just couldn't help myself. I covered the shade in burlap and glued down the monogrammed "L" (which was also purchased at HB). SO EASY and so CUTE.


Happy 4th of July, hopefully next I will be updating about our trip to the beach!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hey Lela,
I had no idea this was your blog as I clicked on several to view. I noticed you said Eureka...I thought to myself...hmmm someone else from AR. Then I looked further saw two pretty girls in a chair...nothing! Didn't even recognize you too! I'm such a dork!!!

I love your crafts...the lamp is my favorite! I see you did a chalkboard plate too! Fun stuff huh!

Hopefully the next time I stop by I will know who I'm reading about!
Duh, Rhonda!

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
We go to the creek almost daily too!

Rhonda said...

Hey Lela,
You have been tagged! Let me know if you join in! ;o)

Have a happy 4th!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

The silverware looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love both of your projects. I was really wanting the framed utensils from Hobby Lobby and you inspired me and probably saved me $30 or so !!

Family American Style. said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Followers